My client is an ambitious organisation that offers IT solutions to a growing portfolio of well known businesses. Based on the North Shore and a short walk from public transport, on offer is a full function Assistant Accountant role which is the 2IC to the CFO.
A key role in a small finance team of four, this is the 2IC to the CFO. The role spans the breadth of the finance needs of two companies as well as providing accounting support to an associated business. This is the ideal role for a newly qualified CPA/CA.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis
- Assisting with the completion of financial statements
- Process improvements
- AP/AR and Payroll
- Ad hoc support as requested by the CFO
The Successful Applicant
- Technical competency – strong financial accounting knowledge to ensure compliance with Australian standards;
- Analytical and presentation skills – presenting data to support solutions;
- High level of IT literacy including intermediate excel skills and working with financial software;
- Attention to detail to review the accuracy of financial data at transaction level;
- Personal skills to deal professionally with internal and external contacts including the customers, suppliers, the owners, the directors and the bank.
Additional desirable skills
- Process change management to improve efficiencies and effectiveness;
- Commercial acumen – understanding of and contribution to the financial business needs in a commercial environment
Please submit your resume in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. PDFs will not be accepted.