My client is a well known name in the legal society. They take a real buzz from the work they do, and therefore it is a fantastic working environment – and they’re now looking to fill a vacant Assistant Accountant role in their Finance team, Immediately! This is a rewarding role with a healthy work/life balance aspect and a positive office environment.
This position is a great opportunity for a graduate accountant with 2 years commercial experience, looking to be mentored by a high performing Finance Manager in the business.
It is a unique opportunity for a switched on individual who enjoys a high level of involvement in their work. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for supporting a range of internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly creditor reconciliations
- Monthly disbursement reconciliations
- Undertaking daily banking (if required) at our local bank branch
- Entering and processing of creditor invoices
- Processing of related banking payments into accounting system
- Reconciliation of client files prior to closing/archiving
- Ownership of AP and AR functions
- Assistance in budgeting and forecasting
The Right Person
The right candidate for this position will possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills above all else, and be/have:
- Honest and self-motivated
- Permanent resident/Australian citizen
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with Xero is desirable
- BE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE!
Please submit your resume in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. PDFs will not be accepted.