Assistant Director Community and Mainstream Engagement
Health and Safety
This role will develop long-term plans and implement operational strategies aimed at achieving the mission to ‘build a world-leading scheme’. In this role you will
- Support the State/Territory Director to provide strategic leadership, direction and support to a team to effectively engage with people with disability, their families and carers using a nationally consistent engagement approach across a diverse geographic environment.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with community and mainstream stakeholders and work collaboratively with other business areas to deliver the scheme.
- Leading and driving the implementation of a state engagement strategy aligned to the broader agency Engagement Strategy in conjunction with Branch and Divisional strategies and business plans.
- Providing considered advice and support to the Director (State/Territory) Community and Mainstream Engagement.
- Applying your stakeholder management experience and capacity building skills to navigate complexity with external stakeholders, using negotiation skills and communicate with influence.
- Representing the Agency at external forums and events in a professional and impartial manner, providing information and guidance to people with disability, participants and the wider community. Coordinating Agency participation in events and forums at a regional level.
- Leading the development and delivery of clear, concise and effective messaging to people with disability, their families and carers as well as other community and mainstream stakeholders.
- Maintaining cohesive relationships with the Provider and Market and Partner Performance engagement teams to ensure efficient use of resources responsive to current needs. Finding opportunities to share information and working collaboratively towards mutually beneficial outcomes to deliver on the objectives of the Branch and the wider Agency.
- Leading, developing and mentoring staff. Working collaboratively and building the capacity of the team to effectively deliver required outcomes and implement practical solutions in unique or varying circumstances.
- This role may include intrastate and interstate travel.
For more information on this role and other exciting Federal Government appointments please contact Alan Claire on 02 9220 3400 or alternatively click the apply now button.