BI Developer Sr.
Role Title: Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Contract Start: ASAP
Contract End: 12 months
Checks: WWCC, Police, 2x References
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer plays a critical role in the successful development and delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) for the Department of Education and Communities. Taking responsibility of development oversight, guidance, and direction setting for the data warehouse and business intelligence platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly detail-oriented team-player with a positive drive to strategize and implement BI solutions that enable the business to derive valuable insights. You will join a tight knit group of key contributors who are actively working together to achieve aggressive goals and meet timelines to drive the business forward.
Key accountabilities include:
- Understand the Business Context and Requirements
- Understand the required tasks and steps for this project (e.g. Source to EDW to Cube to report)
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve business objectives
- Complete Design, Data Models, Loading Approaches and Source to Target mapping documents
- Develop ETL/ELT for Azure Data Warehouse (using SSIS, PolyBase, AZCopy and PowerShell)
- Create and manage entities, business rules and strategies in master data management
- Deploy and Execute ETL in different Environments
- Develop Cubes and Reports in Microsoft BI tools including Power BI and Azure Analysis Services
- Develop and conduct unit tests
- Develop and execute automated test cases using SQL, MDX/DAX, PowerShell, C# and manual steps
- Conduct initial Root Cause Analysis and defect triage
- Deploy and Execute tests in different Environments
- >5 years developing working in Business Intelligence environments
- >5 years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL databases
- Comprehensive SQL and DAX knowledge and experience
- Experience in working with large, complex Data Warehouses using the Microsoft BI Stack within an Azure or cloud based environment.
If this is you apply immediately with CV in a word.doc for COX PURTELL consultant to call back for a profile discussion.