Claims Consultant – Property
Our client is a global insurer with a superb reputation for developing talent.
You will be responsible for managing your property portfolio, collaborating with key stakeholders, driving value and benefit. Working closely with your Manager, fellow Claims Handlers, Practice Leaders and Product Underwriters, to achieve the best possible outcomes for our client and their clients by resolving and settling claims proactively.
- Proactively manage assigned property claims across multiple jurisdictions, while setting and implementing the case strategy for these claims under the direction of the Practice Leaders and Claims management. Handle all claims in accordance with our clients Principles.
- Collaborate closely with senior claims handlers and Practice Leaders to achieve optimum file outcome, determine if / which loss adjusters and experts to engage, and establish strategic plan with vendor, identify and notify management of Large Losses and take all appropriate steps to achieve the best outcome our client and their customers.
- Proactively manage expenses through thoughtful expense management and claims best practice.
- Active participant in Quality Review Process.
- Assist Underwriters with policy review and drafting, participate in external marketing and business development activities Share lessons learned and other identified trends to improve risk assessment and underwriting process.
- Coordinate and manage communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the highest level of customer service and transperency.
- Produce internal reporting in support of best practice and reserving guidelines.
- Monitor and report on emerging liability and coverage trends.
- Effectively manage, track and report on portfolio performance.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in law / be studying towards OR hold relevant property insurance experience.