The B2B Communications Manager, is responsible for developing engaging communications content to support the external stakeholders for a Global Financial Services company.
Working in close partnership with the General Managers and Product Managers for this business unit you will be leveraging insights, analytics and customer experience from across this area. Communications Manager plans communications strategies and develops content for public relations, lead generation, campaign creation, social media and brand awareness purposes.
The B2B Communications Manager is accountable for product and thought leadership content (including presentations, industry insights, product information updates and white papers) – tailoring the content, style and delivery channel depending on the business model and product portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the development and execution of a communications strategy that builds engagement and resonance with customers, partners and shareholders, and builds the brand and reputation of the business
- Deliver a consistent message across the external communication channels
- Develop and deliver professional, informative, engaging and innovative external communications content, including white papers, points-of-view of key regulatory, policy, industry and community issues across multiple mediums including email, web, social media, blog, video scripts, press releases, editorials, brochures and presentations
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans for key projects, including reverse briefs where required, and work with Product Managers to build a calendar of product reviews and communications campaigns, ensuring sufficient time to communicate any product changes in contractually agreed time-frames
- Produce high quality compliant partner communications developed and distributed within required deadlines
- Participate in, and provide communications guidance on, key projects or requests by stakeholders e.g., intranet / website updates, document compliance, letter re-write projects, thought leadership initiatives
- Review and edit communication material
- Prepare annual Communications Reports for key stakeholders including highlights and yearly comparisons
- Regularly communicate to stakeholders on key communication initiatives to keep them informed and engaged on the communications agenda
- Ad hoc communications support to business stakeholders
- Collaborate across Communications and Market Management to deliver solutions to stakeholders that maximise the value of the Market Management function
- Actively partner with business stakeholders to understand their business challenges and opportunities and to ensure that Market Management is represented to the highest standard
To be successful in this role, the position holder must have:
- Ability to translate complex business and product concepts into communications content that engages the audience, drives up reputation and brand, and promotes industry thought leadership
- Ability to work to tight time-frames and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience writing for digital, social, and print mediums
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business
- Min 7 years’ experience in an external communications / marketing communications specialist role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and build strong and productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a senior leadership team
- Ability to use digital marketing techniques
- Ability to deliver targeted and creative communication products for varying stakeholders
- Strategic communications planning and ability to tailor complex messages to various audiences
Please contact Tracy on 9220 3400 or Please submit your resume in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. PDFs will not be accepted.