Credit Underwriter – Car Loans
If you are looking for the stability of working for a medium sized growing company, but in a small department that is specialised in approving or declining new non-conforming car loan applications, read on….
Who is this role right for?
- Someone with a car loan underwriting background full stop
- Minimum of 18 months of relevant car loan underwriting experience
- Fast paced individual who can prioritise demanding priorities
- Someone with a current DLA (delegate lending authority)
- One who has completed their Certificate IV in Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking)
You will be processing and assessing, making credit decisions, but also assisting Sales Team members structure loan applications. This is to avoid loans being declined due to poor processing or inadequate documentation and provide policy guidance or interpretation wherever necessary.
Day to day expectations?
- Making credit decisions on new car loan applications in accordance with DLA, lending policies and procedures.
- Issue loan contracts and provide funding instructions to Settlements department.
- Prepare loan approval.
- Comply with all Australian regulatory requirements.
- Assist Sales Managers with scenarios and to structure loan applications.
- Regularly participate in Credit Policy, Compliance and Process Development projects.
- Everyone’s voice is heard and identifying opportunities to create efficiency. HOW REFRESHING!
- Work with two other proven Credit Underwriters who specialise in car loans and learn from the best.
- Growing medium sized company – STABLE.
- Fun and collaborative environment. Sense of humour is appreciated.
- If you’re still engaged and meet all the above, apply today. Interviews begin ASAP.
- Prior company experience with Liberty Financial, GE Pepper Finance, or other non-conforming lenders.
Please send your resume as a Word attachment and call Monica Kennedy to discuss: