Development Engineer (Technical)
Job Title : Development Engineer (Technical)
Job Type: Temporary assignment
Location: St Peters Depot, 2044
Duration of assignment 6 months with potential extension.
Hours Per Week:35
|AUS eligibility to work confirmed :Eligibility to Work|
|Last 2 employers written references: References|
|Bachelor degree in Engineering :|
|Class C Licence:Licences|
Role Description :
Position: Development Engineer (contract)
- Management of engineering and public infrastructure matters relating to development applications and consents
- Establishing, and ensuring developer compliance with Council’s standards, specifications and infrastructure related conditions of development consent
- Management of development referrals to achieve Council’s development assessment and corporate response timelines
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering or other appropriate discipline recognised by a relevant Australian professional institute.
- Comprehensive experience in establishing engineering conditions of consent and successful management of development related activities impacting public infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Roads Act, Local Government Act and Environmental Planning & Assessment Act and associated regulations.
- Sound experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure.
- A strong customer service ethic and a capacity to support innovative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (written & oral) together with proven ability for negotiation and conflict resolution. Ability to engage staff and stakeholders and work collaboratively. Ability to represent Council to external organisations, developers, customers and members of the public.
- Understanding and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety, ethical practice and acting with probity at all times.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated appreciation of the complexity of Local Government, in particular the social, political and legal frameworks within which it operates.
- Understanding of or experience with the Australian Business Excellence framework or experience in development and execution of improvement initiatives or continuous improvement.
- Sound understanding of floodplain management, traffic engineering, water sensitive urban design and related modelling as relates to development control.
- Contribute to the provision of well managed public assets and engineering services through:
- Responsive management of customer requests, development referrals and/or applications for infrastructure services and associated compliance including:
- Footpath levels for adjoining developments
- Development related consents under S138 of the Roads Act.
- Timely provision of professional/ technical advice and recommendations to both internal & external customers.
- Effective engineering input into the development assessment process ensuring Council’s requirements for infrastructure and associated impacts are met.
- Contributing to the development and regular review of development engineering related policies, procedures and specifications to maintain currency and relevance to Council objectives and community expectations and model industry best practice.
- Contributing to the development and review of S94 Contribution Plans to identify needs and opportunities for improvements to Council infrastructure.
- Ensure the successful development, acceptance and implementation of policies, strategies, procedures and specifications through effective liaison, communication and engagement and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
If this is you apply immediately with your CV in a word.doc for our consultant to call for a detail discussion about the client and the role.