Admin and Secretarial
The EA/ Administration Officer will join the Executive Services team which supports the offices of the General Manager & Mayor & provides administrative services to the Councillors of Bayside City Council. This is a hybrid role with the primary objective of providing a high level, efficient administrative support within the Executive Services unit, and contribute to the effective operation of the business unit.
Specific aspects of the role will include;
-Perform a range of administrative duties to support senior management and the council, including coordination of meetings, diary maintenance, arrangement of travel, procurement of stationery and deliveries, and arrangement of the maintenance of office machines
– Provide high level support including drafting and reviewing correspondence, assisting with requests for information, compiling and preparing reports and briefing notes, maintaining general administration functions and assisting with the management of a document management system.
-Manage the arrangement of meetings and functions, attended or hosted by the Executive Management team ensuring senior executives are well prepared.
– Complete tasks in consultation with other staff, as appropriate, and in accordance with the priorities
– Exercise initiative and independent judgement when responding to general external and internal communication.
– Manage confidential information and respond with discretion to enquiries from a broad range of senior internal and external stakeholders many of whom wish to raise complex and sensitive matters
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate the following;
-Demonstrated experience in a high- level administration support role for senior level executives.
– Experience in using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
– Experience in preparing high level government reporting, responding to requests for information, preparation of briefing notes etc.
– A high level of integrity and discretion, with an appreciation of the sensitivity of the information and correspondence managed by the Executive Services Team