Help Desk | Desktop Support | Support Analyst | Start now!
As a Technical Support Specialist, you are capable of operating, troubleshooting, and administrating key IT systems.
You are hands-on with a focus on customer service related to Level 1 and Level 2 IT Support duties. You will work closely with IT personnel and business partners to ensure IT support is seamless. The right candidate possesses strong communication skills and a desire to provide excellent service as a representative of our company.
- Provides prompt, professional, and efficient end user support.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via walk-up, telephone and ticketing system.
- Ability to work in person with end users to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Provides technical support to remote users and regional offices as required.
- Prioritise and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Level 1 & 2 support experience.
- Experience working with administrative tools, Event Manager, profiles, and permissions.
- Experience troubleshooting, updating, installing, and administrating Windows 7/8/10 and Office 365 applications.
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical support in an Enterprise business environment.
- Working knowledge of common desktop software applications, browsers, and security (e.g. – anti-virus) software.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, managing, maintaining and troubleshooting PC systems.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, Windows server, and Active Directory.
- Experience troubleshooting, updating, and deploying iOS and Android devices.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting business copiers and printers.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and installing computer hardware components (RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc.)
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are looking for your next exciting role then please apply now to secure your interview slot today!