Human Resources Business Partner
Public Sector and Government
<span id=”mce_marker” data-mce-type=”bookmark”></span><span id=”__caret”>_</span><span id=”mce_marker” data-mce-type=”bookmark”></span><span id=”__caret”>_</span>
Seeking a Human Resource Business Partner with strategies with strong relationship building and customer service skills. With the ability to identify issues or problems and recommend strategies, ideas and opportunities for resolving them.
The HRBP will Provide strategic and operational Human Resources Management and Industrial and Employment Relations advice to leadership and employees.
Furthermore contribute to the effective management of the workforce by ensuring the Local Government (State) Award, relevant Agreements and Council policies are clearly articulated and implemented across all Divisions and Sections and that all Leaders understand and are supported in their employees management responsibilities.
- Provide coaching and advice to leaders and employees to ensure the implementation and maintenance of effective workplace management practices
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment projects and the on-boarding of new employees for specific business areas ensuring policy, procedures, agreed programs and equity is maintained.
- Prepare and present monthly workforce reports as required and analyse the data to develop action plans with leaders to address key issues arising from these reports.
- Support the process of cultural change within Council to ensure a cohesive focus on customer service and organisational effectiveness is maintained.
- Set up, register and manage confidential employee and other TRIM files as required.
- Accurately maintain the human resources data in Technology One HRMS and assist in the development of statistics and reports, and actively participate in the continuous improvement of systems and procedures.
- Conduct exit interviews and establish areas for potential improvement.
Assist in the coordination of employee of the month and length of service recognition programs
Knowledge Skills and abilities
- Highly developed influencing, relationship building and customer service skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources management or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience in human resource functions including:
- Business partnering
- Coaching and mentoring
- Change management
- Management of ER/IR issues
- Interpretation and application of relevant legislation and regulations
- Recruitment and selection
- Attraction and retention
- Performance management
- Remuneration, reward and recognition
- High level problem solving skills with the ability to identify issues or problems and recommend strategies, ideas and opportunities for resolving them.
- Experience in the development, review and application of human resource policies, programs and practices.
- Experience in the use of and analytical interpretation of a human resource information systems.
- Class C drivers’ licence
- Local government experience or public sector human resources experience