Inhouse Legal Counsel | Insurance
Your New Role
Our client is a market leader in general insurance and have a great reputation for offering numerous innovative products to the market. Culturally they are ‘bespoke’ in their approach, and continually add value to their brokers and clients.
The role of inhouse legal counsel is a vital one for the firm. On a daily basis you will be interacting with senior insurance professionals and you will need to combine your natural legal prowess with the diplomacy needed in roles at this level. This is an extremely influential position within the firm with high visibility as such the client are seeking a candidate who will reflect this corprorate profile.
They are agile and lean and the executive board have a open door policy. You will have daily access to the leadership team and there will be no barrier for you to succeed in your role.
Beyond this, the company promote flexible working hours, wellness at work (free on site yoga classes!) and awesome cafe , beyond this there is great culture of proactive , supportive employees.
Your Key Duties
Reporting into the chief legal counsel your key focus will be
- Work on corporate , M&A , Financial Services and company secretarial matters
- Negotiate, review and advise on proposed transactions
- Contract reviews
- Act as board secretary for any board or management committee meetings, prepare board packs, minutes and filings as required
- Achieve the firms vision of being the highest performing specialist underwriting agency
- Advise on complaints from customers
- Competitive salary package
- Great manager – supportive and keen to develop your career
- Work in an exciting , energetic business
- Qualified Lawyer
- Experience within insurance