This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to support the Chief Risk Officer and Chief Financial Officer by assisting in the establishment of the Internal Audit function as a key component of the organisations Risk Management protocol.
My client is an ASX listed business who are a market leader in the Financial Services sector in Australia, with growing operations in New Zealand and Asia. They are well renowned for their high performing teams and excellent culture, and this is a rare opportunity to join one of Australia’s most well known brands.
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be responsible for adding value to the organisation and it’s existence as an ASX listed company, and assist in realising it’s vision by:
- Assisting in planning and executing audits across the group, it’s joint ventures and ancillary businesses
- Identify, evaluate and resolve issues affecting professional risk; plan and manage audit assignments to minimise risk; review assignments to ensure quality meets or exceeds professional standards and maintain quality assurance over deliverables
- Negotiate outcomes from reviews with senior management and jointly develop agreed actions
- Provide recommendations or advice to management to improve process efficiency and internal control
- Proactively develop a trusted advisor relationship with management and associated businesses that enables internal audit to effectively influence positive changes within the organisation
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Internal Audit systems, processes, tools, templates and methodology which support the provision of best practice internal audit services
There are unique qualities that are required to be considered for this role:
- Minimum of 2-3 years business experience
- Bachelors degree and relevant post-graduate qualifications
- Experience in auditing management
- Corporate experience, ideally in an ASX listed company
- Experience conducting financial audits
- Ability to travel interstate up to 12 days per month in 5 day blocks
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MYOB and XERO is desirable
To enquire about your suitability, please contact Brenden Fing at Cox Purtell:
Please submit your resume in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. PDFs will not be accepted.