Ministerial & Parliamentary Briefings, Trainer
Public Sector and Government
A key role in the department responsible for coordinating formal communications and requests for information as well as supporting parliamentary activity (e g. Senate Estimates and committee inquiries), for a newly established. large and complex Federal Department, This team provides an avenue for Parliamentary to raise constituent concerns with the department and also undertakes regular engagement activities with local electoral offices.
This role will primarily be responsible for working with the individual divisions within the Federal Department to enhance agency capability in relation to preparing or responding to ministerial and parliamentary requests.
Specific aspects of this role will include;
-Developing a suite of training and reference material
-Delivering educational training to staff on how to prepare ministerial correspondence, briefs and submissions; tone, language and structure.
– Providing individual and group feedback to staff on quality of documents.
– Working directly with the Ministerial and Parliamentary Section on styles, preferences and ministerial expectations to develop training and reference material to support the end user.
– Review standard words on key topics to ensure content is fit for purpose to support ministerial correspondence or other parliamentary requests.
– Prepare Quick Reference guides on parliamentary processes to support the end user.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
-Strong Commonwealth background in preparing material for ministers.
– Proofing and editing skills, with the ability to interpret content and assess if content is fit for purpose.
– Ability to engage with stakeholders.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Experienced in preparing training material and delivering learning and development sessions.
To apply for this opportunity please send through a WORD version of your resume, PDF’s will not be processed.