Part Time Claims Manager
This business provides innovative workforce solutions to organisations through the design and implementation of self-insurance programs.
They are experts in providing unique solutions and reduce the risk related costs to clients through their reducing workers compensation costs and improving productivity.
You will maintain a focus on strategic collaboration and case management at all times to maximise return to work outcomes for workers as well as be accountable for influencing key parties including the injured worker, employer, nominated treating doctor and other service providers to achieve agreed goals.
- Maintains regular and appropriate contact with all parties to determine the injured worker’s progress and possible barriers to progress, or any risks of delayed return to work, recovery and finalisation
- Coordinates services and manages providers to achieve identified outcomes through a collaborative approach to medical treatment, return to work, dispute management, legal matters and other claims decisions
- Has up-to-date knowledge of services that will meet the needs of the injured worker and achieve goals
- Is active in the management of the claim and has the authority to direct service providers and key parties in ongoing achievement of goals and outcomes throughout the claim
- Tailor communication skills to suit specific stakeholder interactions
- Active participation and support of new business policies and processes
- Attend internal and external training courses to update technical knowledge and for personal development opportunities
- Identify opportunities to promote and enhance services to the customer
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Actively engage with service providers to achieve case management strategies and injury management goals
- Promotes an understanding of workers’ compensation with stakeholders
- Prepare for and actively participates in case reviews or client conferences for claims within their portfolio
- Report customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and recommend improvements
- Manage daily workflow in order to maintain client service standards – internal and external
- Build and develop external business relationships and opportunities
- Proactively manage claims to achieve case management strategies and ensure cost minimisation objectives are achieved
- Effectively manage/monitor service provider costs to ensure accuracy and reflective of service provided
- Actively comply with all Self Insurance internal processes, guidelines and time frames
- Ensure urgent and/or sensitive correspondence is escalated as required
- Ensure files are maintained appropriately as required
- Have at least 2 years workers compensation claims experience
- Applies soundly based decision-making model to claims and explains why these decisions are made.
- Exchange/share your ideas and knowledge with other team members
- Promote a positive working relationship with all business units
- Consistently use positive reinforcement and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- Encourage and promote an open supportive team communication climate
- Be able to actively comply with relevant legislation, standards and service levels including but not limited to:
- Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013
- NSW Workers Compensation Act 1987
- Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998
- Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003
- Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1986 Accident Compensation Act 1985
- Privacy Act 1988
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please apply online or contact Connor on 02 9220 3400 for a confidential discussion.