Purchasing and Procurement
The Procurement Support Officer will be part of a team involved in proving effective vendor management of specialised contracts and negotiated preferred supplier agreements, so as to achieve the best prices and services for this large government department.
Key aspects of this role include the following;
- Negotiating with suppliers for best price and service, leveraging in the market place for procurement of goods.
- Verifying orders and ensuring purchasing is in line with department policy and procedures.
- Using SAP to record all purchasing and invoicing
- Resolve inquiries and provide exceptional customer service to a range of managers and staff across the department and other Public Sector Agencies, suppliers and vendors.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following;
- Excellent written ,verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a fast- paced environment
- Analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in sourcing, procurement or purchasing is an advantage
- Experience in SAP, ARIBA or any other procurement system will be highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in Government, please apply with a WORD version of your resume, PDF’s will not be accepted.