Public Affairs Officer APS 6
The Public Affairs Officer will be part of a team responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies for the Family Safety Branch.
Specific aspects of this role will include;
- Support an account manager in providing communication services across the family safety branch, including communication for the Third Action Plan of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children.
- Assist in providing advice on communication to support family safety policies and programs, including drafting and implementing communication plans, preparing media releases and talking points, and responding to media enquiries.
- Maintain strong and cooperative relationships with client areas and stakeholders.
- Respond to requests from the Minister’s office and client areas.
- use experience to analyse what information and research is important and make recommendations on how it should be used
- establish clear plans and time frames for implementing projects, and ensures deadlines are met
- proactively offers assistance, shows initiative, anticipates and is responsive to client and team needs, and operates as an effective team member
- seeks to understand the audience and tailors communication style and message accordingly
Successful candidates will be able to confidently present messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points. Appropriate tertiary qualifications and commercial experience will be required.
Please forward a WORD version of your resume, PDF;’s will not be accepted.