Public Sector and Government
The Publications Project Manager will work as part of the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement team and will report to the Senior Manager – Marketing and Communications.
- Work with internal and external designers as well as the marketing and communications team to manage the design, development and distribution of publications, including, but not limited to, the departments Annual Review, Director’s Report and Financial Statement, and Sustainability Report.
- Serve as liaison to internal contributors and others directly involved in the published works: solicit chapters, edit submissions, coordinate reviews, resolve issues, and ensure deadlines are met;
- Development of other publications as required, including publications as part of the delivery of the project.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to maintain the corporate and visual identity pf the company throughout all publications and ensure continuous progression and strengthening of the brand.
- Edit all elements for style, substance and readability. Reorganise text to create consistency in grammar, format, and message.
- Oversee all aspects of delivery to ensure consistency between multiple publications; coordinate multiple production schedules and printing deadlines; troubleshoot related issues.
- Coordinate distribution of publications post production, including print and online.
- Manage deadlines to ensure delivery of publication milestones as well as production of publications to a high professional standard
- Operating in a politically sensitive environment to build and enhance the brand and reputation of the oranisation and project.
- Influencing others while maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholders to ensure challenging deadlines are met.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, editing skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in publications
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to deliver effective material while meeting critical deadlines
- Capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction, and as a team member to produce high quality work
- Ability to advise and deal effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups at all levels
- Tertiary qualification in communications or equivalent demonstrated experience
To apply please send a WORD version of your resume, PDF’s will not be accepted.