Senior Business Analyst
Public Sector and Government
Seeking a Senior Business Analyst with extensive HCM experience, who will be responsible for driving high level analysis and strategic advice, to support HCM services delivery and planning across a portfolio of complex initiatives.
The Senior Business Analyst will also be responsible for conducting the detailed investigations, analysis and evaluation of functional and non-functional requirements, identifying issues, risks and benefits that are then consolidated and submitted for consideration by customers and stakeholders.
- Business Analysis – Conduct analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a federated or multi-sourced environment.
- Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Create business cases as required including conducting financial analysis where required using Transport for NSW templates as applicable.
- Design and Development of Systems and Processes – Develop quality technical specifications using sound analytical, conceptual and problem solving; oral and written communication including report writing and presentation skills. Identify, develop and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed projects across a portfolio of complex initiatives.
- Technical Specifications – Interpret and translate analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications and requirement documentation with tangible examples of where insights from best-practice analysis methodologies have resulted in value adding business outcomes.
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management – Assist the senior managers within the team to build positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide support to the TfNSW Executive and People & Culture as well as CS Leadership team. Liaison with the HCM Centre of Excellence (CoE) on system changes, issue logging and resolution.
- Driving improvements in the internal processes of an organisation with varying levels of technical and process maturity and designing effective solutions that simultaneously meet business and IT objectives
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging best practice in business analysis and driving improvements on internal processes based on these developments.
- A tertiary qualification in business, human resources or a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a related area.
- Demonstrated experience working with contemporary HCM platforms (Success Factors, SAP preferred)
- Advanced MS Office and MS Excel