Senior Commercial Associate- Corporate Finance & Infrastructure
Transport and Rail
Opportunity for a Senior Commercial Associate to join a small team assisting the Deputy CFO in a range of reporting, financial modelling for infrastructure and M&A projects. Liaising with key stakeholders for reporting on a range of issues from management and the Board to banks and governments. The role accordingly works closely with the project accounting, financial accounting, treasury and various project teams.
Reporting directly to the Deputy CFO, who is also responsible for Project and Management Accounting, Revenue Reporting, Accounts Payable, Procurement and Finance Systems.
Key responsibilities for this role will be the following;
- Managing financial and commercial aspects of project finance or corporate finance transactions, including due diligence work streams and related service providers as part of any debt or equity raising processes
- Preparation of accurate and timely analysis and advice on current and projected financial performance
- Management of the annual budget process (and forecasts), including preparation of board papers and packs
- Preparation of the Budget and Business Plan documents for board consideration
- Revision of the group financial projection model to enable accurate and ready scenario analysis
- Preparation of analysis on requested matters
- Completion of minor financial and / or analysis projects
- Review of project progress reports for government agencies
- Support the efficient and effective management of the overall finance function
- Assisting with the development, maintenance and regular review of systems, policies, procedures, controls and other processes.
- Assisting in the implementation of and transition to a new Finance ERP
- Extensive experience in monthly report preparation in a complex monthly reporting environment, including project reporting
- Exemplary written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in preparing both document and pack reports
- Attention to detail & consistency
- Experience in managing complex processes across a multi-divisional business to achieve outcomes on time
- Extensive Financial planning, modelling & analysis skills in Corporate Banking AND Infrastructure projects
- Degree in engineering, commerce, law or finance and approximately 10 years+ post degree experience.