Senior Communications Manager
Public Sector and Government
Senior Communication Officer
Primary purpose of the role:
The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for providing a wide range of communications support and leadership to a range of ICT programs and projects relating to NSW Health corporate systems. The position will also be responsible for managing a communications officer.
* Develop and implement communications strategies and plans for ICT programs and projects relating to NSW Health corporate systems.
* Provide leadership, management and direction to the communications officer
* Work closely with project and technical teams to develop a range of contemporary, high quality, internal and external communications materials including videos, eNewsletters, factsheets and website content as well as managing associated internet and intranet sites.
* Manage approvals of communications materials and distribute through a wide range of channels
* Be the central point of contact for customer facing written materials and assist with review of executive reports.
* Write briefs and formal communications and support others in their development.
* Develop and maintain program stakeholder lists to support effective and widespread communications.
* Establish collaborative and influential relationships with stakeholders, customers and colleagues, to ensure easy and effective achievement of team / program / business goals.
* Work across multiple programs whilst maintaining effective and high quality communications.
* Contribute to creating and maintaining a constructive workplace culture.
* Tertiary qualifications in communications or journalism and/or extensive experience in marketing communications, in a health or government setting.
* Proven effectiveness in successfully managing and developing a small team
* Demonstrated experience in the development of communications strategy and plans for transformational ICT programs/projects.
* Proven ability to develop high quality, contemporary communications materials including videos, eNewsletters, factsheets and website content as well as managing associated internet and intranet sites.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with senior management, peers and project teams.
* Proven ability to use Content Management Systems, SharePoint and the Microsoft Office suite to a high level.