Senior GIS Python Developer
Our client has chosen the brightest and most passionate people in the industry to assist in solving one of the planet’s most important issues: Global Food Security. Their unique solution to the world’s ever-growing population and food demand assists farmers in increasing crop yields and decreasing the waste of precious resources. They are seeking an individual equally passionate in using technology to develop beneficial world change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Work with client and staff members to write code and automate redundant GIS processes.
o Develop, test, debug, and maintain an array of custom GIS applications, tools, and supporting services using standard software lifecycle processes.
o Perform support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements, and maintenance for existing GIS applications, scripts, tools, and services.
o Create and maintain system related documentation.
o Develop, store, maintain and extract information from structured sets of geographic data.
o Support the infrastructure by maintaining and developing new capabilities in applicable software.
o Utilize techniques to manipulate, extract, locate, and analyse geographic data.
o Perform ad-hoc mapping duties including spatial analysis; writes applications to find logical errors in the GIS database and translate data between GIS and other inter-related systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing Python applications
- 3+ years of GIS experience
- Extensive Pythonand GIS experience is required.
- Possesses strong communication and organizational skills for a team based environment.
- Enjoys brainstorming innovative ways to accomplish common tasks.
- Strong organisation, self-management, and attention to detail abilities.
- Enjoys working with a passionate and flexible team.
Please submit your resume in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format. PDFs will not be accepted.