Senior Java Developer
My client is looking for an experienced Java Developer who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing complex integration solutions aimed at modernising, consolidating and coordinating independently designed applications within and across the core enterprise systems.
As a Senior Java software engineer you will engage and drawn upon your technical expertise to identify product development needs, identify solutions, and communicate API product related plans. You will also develop detailed Product (API) code design documentation including API message schemas, Processing Logic, Process Flows, Aggregation, Routing, Transformation, Error Handling logic, detailed source-to-target data mapping and data transformation rules.
- Experience writing API’s using core Java (utilizing frameworks like Spring Boot, etc.)
- Experience with REST API design (including micro-services)
- Experience with security appliances (e.g. Layer7, Kong, PingFederate, etc.)
- Experience with various frameworks (e.g. Splunk, ELK, etc.)
- Experience deploying to Openshift containers using CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, XL Deploy/XL Release, etc.)
- Plus: experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
- Plus: experience with test case automation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in agile environments (using tools like CA Agile Central)
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
- Implementing API and data streaming capabilities, engineering telemetry solutions, building cloud deployment platforms, and working across fully automated stacks in a CI / CD ecosystem
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with IT stakeholders
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Engineer innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Experience with event driven architecture and technologies
- Experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Active in working with emerging technologies.
- Experience working effectively across multiple functional areas in a matrixed environment
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- 3+ years engineering platforms at scale in public + private clouds
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI / CD ecosystem
- Agile DevOps delivery model experience
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be successful in this role then please submit your CV to secure your interview slot today!