Senior Policy Officer
Public Sector and Government
The role supports the management of non-government schools compliance in NSW. The role supports the implementation of compliance policy through consultation, stakeholder engagement and research so that appropriate policy options and their implications, risks and mitigations are put forward for the consideration of the Manager – Compliance and Policy Operations, Director and Executive Director
- Lead projects in the Department’s management of Non-government schools compliance with Division 3, Part 7 of the NSW Education Act 1990 including management of compliance activities, audits and investigations
- Prepare quality evidence-based advice, reports and other documentation to support informed decision making and policy development relating to Division 3, Part 7 of the NSW Education Act 1990.
- Prepare reports on non-government school compliance with Division 3, Part 7 of the NSW Education Act 1990 to help the Department and NSW Government make informed decisions about compliance policy and legislation.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure compliance, trends and issues are identified and solutions and processes are proactively implemented to support the non-government sector in meeting compliance and mitigate risks
- Prepare high quality briefings, correspondence and other documents in a timely fashion to support the operations of the External Relation’s Policy Directorate.
To Be Considered, you must have:
- Sound knowledge of NSW Legislation
- Strong experience within a similar role, ideally within Government or Education
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Be flexible and adaptable to your environment
- Fantastic personal presentation