Senior Project Manager- Business Focused Focused
Education and Training
The Senior Business Focused Project Manager will work closely with the Program Manager to deliver multiple project streams running concurrently that deliver both I.T. change and business transformation.
The business focused PM will be able to manage application and business process projects from requirements gathering to successful implementation. Specific aspects of the role include;
- Manage business process projects from requirements to successful implementation
- Manage the planning and delivery of complex strategic projects, this must include delivery of software development
- Manage entire project teams to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved
- Develop and implement project management plans to ensure the success of the project
- Regularly communicate with key senior stakeholders to ensure the identification and tracking of project objectives
- Prepare and present project status reports and communicate project updates to inform decision making at the senior level
- Responsible for the management of project finances including budget formation, forecasting and reporting up to 5 million dollars
- Actively identify, manage and escalate risks, issues and dependencies to program leadership
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following;
- Advanced understanding of vendor management and establishing operating frameworks for managing external delivery stakeholders
- Advanced documentation skills, ability to clearly document processes, requirements, problem statements and formal PMO documents
- Experience creating high quality project and program artefacts, within emerging or existing frameworks.
- Experience in managing the delivery/build of software and understanding it’s cycles (some Agile experience) is highly valuable
- Experience in delivering BOTH business and ICT projects, vendor management with commercial focus.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint skills
- PRINCE2 Methodology certification or equivalent awareness/experience
This is a high- profile, highly visible program critical to the Education sector within NSW. The nature of employment will be a long term ongoing fixed term employment. Please apply with a WORD version of your resume, PDF’s will not be accepted.