Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for assisting with Australian and overseas tax compliance, tax advice and financial reporting matters within the organisation.
This position will have a high focus in the area of tax, which will consume approximately 50% of the day-to-day activities. The remaining time you will contribute to statutory financial statement preparation, accounting research, ad-hoc projects and other monthly close activities as necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- All tax functions of the company, working as a business partner with Global & Regional organisations as a single-point of contact for all tax matters in Australia and New Zealand
- Ensure compliance with tax laws in all applicable jurisdictions
- Coordinate, compile, and review financial information needed to prepare all required income tax returns
- Prepare quarterly tax provision on an IFRS & USGAAP basis
- Quarterly disclosure package & monthly analytical analysis
- Contributing to year-end audit
- Own the preparation process for annual IFRS statutory financial statements for 10 Australian & New Zealand entities
Who we are looking for:
You are a passionate and motivated Senior Financial Accountant that is CA qualified and excited by the opportunity to work in a growing and innovative business.
You will have:
- Significant post-qualified financial accounting experience, preferably in a big four or mid-tier chartered accounting firm, or publically traded corporation
- CA qualification
- Proven strong research skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task, to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication skills , energy and drive
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Up to date knowledge of current accounting standards
- PeopleSoft & Hyperion Tax Provision (HTP) experience is a plus