Service Delivery Manager | Service Desk | IT Manager
The Service Delivery Manager will manage the activities and responsibilities of the service delivery team ensuring service and support is provided to stakeholders at the agreed level.
As Service Delivery Manager you will develop and refine our client’s best practices in the service desk department. This position requires a high level of independence and strong stakeholder service skills. Organisational ability is important to keep track of all tasks as the job requires a great deal of multi-tasking.
You will run a highly technical service desk team that services our client’s company’s users in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane and serve as a member of the Information Technology Leadership team that reports to the Global Service Delivery Manager.
- Manage the service delivery team’s daily activities as well as the dispatch process of service requests
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively
- Provide accurate reports and metrics to company management on the status and budget of on-going projects and agreements
- Responsible for service scheduling, escalation and client satisfaction
- Active role in the daily management of all services calls
- Develops and maintains communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of management, employees and vendors
- Ability to attract, hire, develop and motivate staff as needed to accomplish goals and objectives
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; ideally with a minimum of 3-5 years working in an IT management role or some combination of 5-10 years’ work in an IT services, operations role for an IT supplier or global IT group.
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry dynamics
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Business Analysis or Service Improvement experience in a large enterprise IT setting.
- ITIL Foundation V2 or V3 Certified – preferred
- 5+ years of experience implementing and administering governance and process models such as CoBIT, ITIL, PRINCE2, PMI, ISO, Six Sigma, etc.
- Significant experience in IT Consulting, IT Services and Service Integrations.
- Experience in working in a matrix environment and with virtual teams
- Strong leadership and people-management skills, and experience influencing others outside span of control.
- Relationship management, negotiation skills particularly third-party vendors and senior stakeholder management experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with at all levels (technical and non-technical) in both verbal and written communications
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this position then please submit your resume ASAP to secure your interview slot today!