Public Sector and Government
This role would suit an Executive Assistant from a Public Sector background with experience in the Education space.
- Contribute to the efficient business operations of the directorate by providing a range of quality executive and administrative services to the director and members of the management team.
- Maintain the HPE computerised content management system and create, store, retrieve and archive files to ensure the accurate and safe storage of information and contribute to a timely response for information.
- Provide data entry, word processing and prepare spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations using the MS Office suite of programs and other clerical tasks within required timeframes on behalf of the director and the management team.
- Respond to incoming telephone or face to face enquiries, providing information and referring enquiries in an effective and responsive manner ensuring high level customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide SAP finance systems support including processing orders and payment of invoices.
- Communicate and negotiate with senior officers, other internal staff and external bodies in the organisation of meetings and travel arrangements.
- Collaborate with team members on the co-ordination of correspondence in and out of the SSR unit
- Provide strategic advice to the Director on day to day areas of priority including high level diary and calendar management through MS Outlook
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the Director regarding progress and achievements towards goals and emerging issues that could adversely affect the team/unit’s delivery of agreed business targets.
- Effectively apply new and/or updated technology applications, systems, procedures and organisational methods to deliver efficient and effective service in accordance with Department policy and School Operations and Performance divisions business practices and protocols.
- Balancing a range of competing and conflicting work priorities and/or workflows. The challenge comes when competing and conflicting demands are impacted by non-negotiable deadlines. This necessitates the role to engage with and effectively manage customer expectations.
- In many instances the role is the first point of contact with internal and/or external customers. Further, a professional ‘can do’ approach to customer service needs to be displayed with all customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction with prompt, accurate and helpful information, including to provide confidential support to the director dealing with sensitive issues.
- The role is multi skilled. There is an expectation that the incumbent be flexible in the scope and range of activities performed to ensure Leadership Pathways achieves its objectives.
- Hold a valid clearance to work with children (Working with Children Check) for paid employment
If you have the required skills and experience to succeed in this role, please apply immediately