HCM Governance Officer
Public Sector and Government
The Governance Officer provides high-level executive and secretariat support to the Human Capital Management (HCM) Program and to the governance forums that enable key decision making through the program lifecycles.
- Support the work of technology related portfolio and/or program governance groups and be responsible for meeting arrangements, the preparation of agendas, papers and the tracking and monitoring of decisions and action items.
- Undertake various in-depth research activities, execute communications, prepare complex submissions and correspondence along with the preparation of detailed reports and high level options papers.
- Maintain high-level knowledge and understanding of program activities, work collaboratively and engage with a wide variety of staff and key stakeholders and provide advice on program governance matters.
- Ensure that portfolio and/or program managers and other senior staff are promptly advised regarding issues that may affect the delivery of state-wide business reform
- An adept level of resilience, courage, and flexibility, showing initiative and responding quickly when situations change; giving frank feedback or advice; listening when ideas are challenged and responding constructively; working through challenging issues and seeking alternatives.
- An adept capacity to manage self and take initiative to successfully take advantage of opportunities as they arise in order to achieve challenging goals.
- An advanced level of communication skills to present with credibility, engage varied audiences and test levels of understanding.
- An advanced capacity to plan and prioritise which will include understanding the links between the business unit, organisation and the whole-of-government agenda.
- An adept understanding of technology including the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of technology relevant to the work unit.
- An adept level of project management to prepare clear project proposals and define scope and goals in measurable terms.
- Knowledge of governance, compliance and quality controls in a NSW Government setting.
- Records management knowledge using HP Content Manager (TRIM) or (EDRMS).