Public Sector and Government
We are looking for a Grade I-III paralegal with solid administrative law credentials including sound statutory interpretation skills within our Legal Team for up to 2 months with the possibility of extension.
The candidate will be reporting to the Assistant Director – Legal of HPCA and working within a small team.
The candidates also need to be able to assist in litigating matters in NCAT including attending directions hearings by themselves.
- Represent or act on behalf of the HPCA/Council in litigation as well as briefing and instructing counsel in more complex litigation under the supervision of more senior
- Provide sound advice to Councils, committees, regulatory panels and HPCA staff on any aspect of the law but particularly administrative
- Under the supervision of more senior colleagues draft and present accurate, clear and concise documents and advice within required timeframes to enable effective responses to changing and challenging issues. On occasion, instruct and liaise with external lawyers in more complex
- Prepare contracts and memoranda of understanding between HPCA and Councils and their service providers and
- Contribute to the development of legal capability within the organisation and externally through articles, training and public presentations to improve knowledge of the law and regulation that governs the Council operations.Collaborate with internal and external
- stakeholders to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of health practitioner
- Prioritising a high, diverse and unpredictable workload requiring careful assessment of complex and sometimes unfamiliar
- Conveying complex legal concepts and information in plain English, succinctly and accurately particularly to staff and hearing members with limited legal
- Maintaining knowledge of legal developments in areas relevant to HPCA and Council functions to ensure the provision of wide ranging accurate and high quality legal advice to.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in this role please apply immediately.