Public Sector and Government
This role will be responsible for end to end fortnightly payroll function.
Tasks include timesheet entry, leave processing, hiring new employees, processing terminations and other general payroll related changes along with third party payments.
* Provide internal and external reporting and analysis of payroll and employee related information
* Provide ongoing support and advice to managers and employees on employee entitlements and payroll related matters
* Manage any discrepancies in payroll processing including liaising with banking institutions, the Australian Taxation Office, Government agencies, and employee to identify and implement resolutions.
* Maintain Human Resource Information System (currently SAP) information and utilise the maximum capability of SAP (or other payroll systems from time to time) to deliver optimum outcomes for Taronga
* Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
* Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
* Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
* Demonstrated relevant experience in payroll and Human Resources Information System (for example SAP).
* A sound understanding of payroll functions, procedures and legislation.
* Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters in a professional manner.
* Obtain and maintain a current volunteer NSW Working with Children Check at own expense.