Public Sector and Government
The Strategic Project Manager (NON IT) is part of the Program Management Office and is responsible for the coordination and management of one or more projects within the strategy.
- Provide project management support to specific projects within the strategy. Apply a structured methodology to create a detailed project plan that identifies scope, quality, schedule, finances, resources, risks, issues and dependencies to a high standard.
- Produce regular reporting to the Program Management Office and for various governance and stakeholder groups
- Participate in project and program forums and work with the stakeholder groups to ensure adherence to program methodologies and assure program and project outcomes
- Drive project deliverables through coordination with all relevant stakeholders and project teams
- Manage and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the project.
- Proven success in planning and initiating large and complex projects with a minimum 5 year plus experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor project plans, including detailed resource scheduling, milestones and task dependencies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders; viz, business stakeholders, developers, school personnel and key interest groups
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, school staff, subject matter experts and technical teams across the sector.
- Ability to successfully manage complex issues in a cross sectoral environment
- Demonstrated a high level of personal motivation, organisation and productivity
- Proven success in working in a Program Management Office providing outstanding governance, support and guidance to the program
- Has experience working in the Government or Not-for-Profit sector