This is a newly created opportunity is working with one of Australia’s most recoginsable recent success stories in the specialist insurance sector.
Growing steadily and sustainably over the last 4 years they are now looking for an experienced risk generalist to take a central role in leading a more risk-based approach to their growth strategy.
You will be working with a sociable, friendly, ‘non-stuffy’ but high performing business. Their people are passionate about the work they do. The benefits offered by the company are market leading. Salary $140-170k+Super and enviable lifestyle benefits.
As the Risk Manager you will be partnering directly with the Executive Team covering all 3 Lines of Defense. You will play a key role in ensuring appropriate strategies, frameworks and registers are in place to assess, manage and report on operational, strategic, financial and compliance risks.
Key account abilities will be:
1) Customer Experience – through the provision of quality advice, analysis, data and reporting.
2) Profitable Growth – through constantly feeding back to the business and identifying emerging risks.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you are qualified in a relevant tertiary discipline. In addition, you will have a sound knowledge of Australia’s regulatory environment – especially ASIC requirements and
- 3+ years in a generalist risk role (ideally within insurance or financial services)
- strong understanding of operational risks and IT risk
- change management risk analysis
- strong communications and stakeholder engagement
- sound understanding of information security, disaster recovery, business continuity
- excellent analytical skills