Senior Communications Officer
We are looking for someone who is creative, innovative and passionate about telling stories from an Aboriginal perspective.
– Writing a social media and media strategy
– Providing media and ministerial advice services to the AHO
- Manage and deliver a range of media services including the provision of media advice, planning, writing of media releases, managing media issues and developing media opportunities.
2. Website and Intranet management for maintaining the AHO presence on its website, intranet and social media
3. Create, coordinate and deliver the creative content (words, images, video) and functionality of the website and intranet, including design, copywriting, and content
4. Build and maintain strong relationships across the Agency and externally
Skills, experience and background
1. Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism
2. Minimum of five (8) years’ experience in communications
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a high attention to detail.
4. Writing and good eye for a good story and a sound understanding of stories that resonate with our Aboriginal audience.
5. Experience in website and intranet and related technologies (Squiz)
6. Digital project management – full life cycle of auditing content, sound site navigation, coordinating content owners, communicating effectively with all user groups, proper balance of content and tools and lead projects to improve sections of website and intranet.
7. Proven ability and experience with developing, delivering and implementing engaging paid
and organic social media campaigns, both written and multimedia.
If you have extensive PR and Media experience and are available to start immediately, please apply ASAP to be considered.